Aluminum Recycling Facts:
- Americans discard enough aluminum to rebuild
our entire commercial air fleet every three months.
- A recycled six-pack of aluminum cans can
save enough energy to drive a car five miles.
- One recycled can saves enough electricity
to operate a TV for three hours.
- One recycled can saves six ounces of gasoline.
- Scrap recyclers annually recycle more
than 8.6 million tons of nonferrous metal.
For more information on the values of recycling,
visit www.isri.org (the Institute of
Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc.).